Monday 29 August 2011

Aerial View

So, I've fixed the mast and fixed all of the aerials.  Only the blue and orange lights to add now.  The mast's not as sturdy as I'd like; The break is only held by superglue gel but there wasn't another option!  The aerials are as per the real boat this year and so there's a few changes.  Hopefully the photos will tell the full story.  All of the mast aerials are 0.8mm brass wire with brass tube at the base.  The small aerial on the port side has two thicknesses of tube.

 It all looks pretty good to me.

What's not so good is the starboard railing.  It broke again at the side steps, at about the same point.  The rail is plastic tube with a brass rod core.  I can only think that the brass I used wasn't long enough hence the weak point.  Anyway, I pinned and superglued the joint so fingers crossed for this time, and a lesson learnt for the next boat.

The bridge comms system is all painted now and just needs putting together, and that should ten mean the flybrigde is finished.  Photos hopefully in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment