Monday 5 September 2011

The Devil's in the Detail

This week has seen me finish the flybridge radios and also the cables for the whip aerials.

A couple of weeks ago, I put up a photo of the component parts for the radios, well here they are all done:
I have to admit to being pleased with the result!  Even the handset looks ok even though it's a simplification of the real one.

The cables for the whip aerials were a relative breeze.  Having already fixed the conduits prior to painting the wheelhouse, it was just a matter of adding the photo etched sockets and then 2 lengths of cable either side.  A little cheat but you can't tell...

There's not much left to do now as I'm waiting for the trim tab rams to be made up by my mate with a lathe.  He's not thinking of milling the parts so I'll have to wait and see.  Just a few more job that I can think of other than that: the ropes on the A frame block as well as the lights; the emergency steering gear and; a couple of small vents by the back of the wheelhouse - the latter two to be scratch built so watch this space.

More pressing though, as, hopefully, I'll be moving house soon, is building a box for the boat.  So less model making in the next week or so, more cabinet making.  And then, it'll be time to start the Tamar.

No comments:

Post a Comment