Wednesday 24 August 2011

Bits and Pieces

Little to report this week due to a busy week and weekend.  Nevertheless, I've glued the last pieces of fendering on and the side rail wires are also on.
As the fendering from Speedline Models is hollow, I needed something to fill in the ends of the pieces on the stern, and also to fill any small gaps.  The solution came from a recommendation in a copy of Model Boats magazine from a year or two back.  It's black kitchen sealant.  At first I thought it wasn't going to be a great colour match as it has a gloss finish.  But, if given a gentle rub when it's tough dry, it turns matt and blends in nicely.  (I also tried black guttering sealant but couldn't get a smooth enough finish and it's a little too grey in colour.)

I've also started to scratch build the flybridge intercom units.  Hopefully, they'll be the finishing touch to the flying bridge.  The parts I've put together are in the photo below, prior to assembly and painting.
This week coming, I think it's time to tackle rebuilding the mast...

No comments:

Post a Comment