Next up was the mast supports. I was really keen to use to use the kit parts as they are nice white metal castings complete with brackets for the rail to the windscreen. My plan was dashed though when I test fitted it to the boat. As I've modified the mast so that the arches slope forward and are wider at the base than the top, the 'vertical' part of the support had to follow that and I concluded I couldn't do that with the kit part.
So I set to make a pair of new ones with 2.4 and 3.2 mm brass tube and square section brass tube cut down for the bracket on the wheelhouse. I used small strips of brass to then make the smaller brackets. Sounds simple but I had to resolder the main parts several times to get the correct angles to follow the mast. Still all done now.