Sunday, 28 September 2014


This is something I've been scratching my head about for a while.  It's how to make a replacement grill for the port engine intake.  This is needed following my modification to enlarge the intake as per the full size boat so that it extends down under the flybridge floor (insert link).

I couldn't find any brass shim to use, even if my soldering skills had been up to it so instead I used 0.25mm thick styrene strip in 0.5mm and 3.2mm widths.  I've made several attempts and they had all ended up looking like the one on the left below or worse

No matter how little glue I used, it ended up distorting.  After several months of thinking of alternative I suddenly thought of using double sided adhesive tape.  It's the one on the right above and in situ  here;

Until next time.