I've had a bit of a dilema with the flybridge windscreen. Comparing the windscreen to the full size Padstow boat, the kit part is too wide at the front and the side pieces too short. This is most apparent over the cabin door as the corner of the windscreen matches this part.
So, what to do? It wasn't an easy decision as the kit photo etched brass parts are so good otherwise. I was tempted to cut up the kit parts and rebuild it. However, in the end, I decided to fabricate a new frame from plasticard. That would mean I still had the kit parts to fall back on if it all went wrong!
So, here's a picture showing the kit parts against the new plastic frame.
I then made another inner frame to match the outside frame and also the support brackets.
Finally, I needed a way of fixing both inner and outer faces to the cabin roof as this will be done after painting. I had considered small brass rod to act as pins having read the Model Boats magazine review. In the end I used plasticard strips so I had a straight edge. Hopefully the photo shows what I mean; the tray has the dummy bolts heads for the frame and there's about 100 of them.