Sunday 7 August 2011

Washed Away

I've made lots of progress over the last couple of weeks since my last post.  The biggest task I've completed was the windscreen washer system.  This is now on the boat along with the wipers.  I thought it would be a real challenge to make up the pipework, but it really went quite well.
I've also fixed the side railing stantions and back plates in place.  This went much quicker than I'd expected.  I used a photocopy of the plan cut to fir the deck to make sure all stantions are vertical.
I've found the fendering quite challenging.  It's almost finished now, but not after some frustration.  It's not that difficult, but cut in the wrong place and that's it.  Fortunately, it mostly went to plan.I used a glue that's supposed to stick nearly everything for the main run round the hull, and although it's ok, it's not great.  I had to resort to superglue gel for the other pieces.

Other than that, I've been finishing off other bits and pieces like the wheelhouse door and the A frames.  The end is in sight, but ahead of that, I have to fix the broken mast...

No comments:

Post a Comment