Thursday 15 September 2011

It's all in the detail (pt1)

I've got three things to do before cracking on with the Tamar, aside from a few bits of detail on the Trent.  First, I have to build a box for transport, which I've just started, secondly I need to gee up my mate who's machining the trim tab rams and mounts for me, and third I have some crew figures to make.

So, with nothing boat related to report on, I thought I'd run down some of the modifications I've made to the standard kit.  Some were easy, some not; some I've mentioned in earlier posts.  I wanted though to put them all in one place, or rather a couple of posts, for easy-ish reference.
So, here's a list of what I have done, from the bow towards the stern:
1     reshaped the pulpit rail, it's less pointy now
2     modified the first hand rail stantion on each side
3     modified the front of the wheelhouse and built the valve recess with valve
4     reshaped the railing on the front of the wheelhouse
5     modified the bracket for the ship's bell under the front port window
6     fitted correct profile wiper boxes
7     scratch built the engineer's panel in the roof of the wheelhouse above the front consoles
8     added a solar panel

More next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment