Sunday 3 July 2011

So, since it's been a while since I posted, what have I achieved?  Well, the hull is now painted and I've re-painted the wheelhouse.  The finish isn't perfect but after all this time, it's good enough.  The result, minus the deck colour is here.

It's the last time I use Plastikote spray paint for major parts, Halfords all the way in the future.  I'm also beginning to re fix fittings to the wheelhouse.  Hopfully, not too long before I'll have the wheelhouse as it was before the repaint.

In the meantime, I wanted to record the various mods I've made, starting with the back of the wheelhouse;
Here, the X Boat locker is taller, there's an axe underneath and the liferaft frames are re-shaped with ribbon used for the straps.  I've also scratchbuilt the stowage frame for the X Boat outboard and on the flying bridge are storage boxes for the searchlights.  More next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment