Sunday 10 July 2011

Progress of sorts

Finally, what feels like progress.  I've got most of the hull fittings on, and the wheelhouse is nearly back to the stage I had it before the respray.  Also, I've had her in the water and the boot topping is in the right place; somewhat of a relief.  

However, I dropped the side railing which broke a stantion about a third of the way up.  No problem I thought, a little superglue gel will fix it.  Unfortunately though the glue seems to have turned the plastic soft and it didn't reset.  So I've had to chop it up, and this is what it looks like:
So the plan is to repair the damage this week and then re-paint it.

I've also made progress with the flybridge stairs which are now in place;
I've remodelled the stairs by adding in the 'half landing' and modifying the rails accordingly.  I simply cut the kit stairs in half at the correct point and added a bigger 5th step and side pieces.  I got the rails shape by simply redrawing the shape on the plans.  

Also, under the stairs is the X boat outboard and its frame.  Just visible to are the bolts added to the bollard base plate and the engine hatches.  These are in fact cut down Amati pins though the ones in each corner of the engine hatches are full length and secure the hatches in place.

I'm aiming to finish the wheelhouse this week or next and then it's on to fixing the railings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment