Tuesday 29 November 2011

Tamar Beginnings

I know the Trent's not quite finished but I've begun building the Tamar.  Well, I'm still waiting for some bits from Squires and the trim tabs are still in development.

First up, I built 2 of the wheelhouse formers: the cabin floor and rear bulkhead and the roof former.  I wanted to push on before working on the hull but really that's as as I can get on the wheelhouse until the deck is on the hull.  But that means thinking about how I'm going to make the transom door operate and that's too much for my brain at the moment!
So, I thought I may as well get on with the hull and hope transom door inspiration comes my way.  So it's on with the first wave of deck supports and hull openings.  The hull openings have been chain drilled  for the prop shafts, rudders, bilge keels and, using the very handy templates in the instructions, for the bow thruster.  Some of the measurements, especially for the prop shafts were not easy to mark up given the hull shape but all done in rough, lots of filing to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment